Effective Date: Jan 8 2020
What personal information do we collect about you?
When you use or access the Website, we may collect personal information that you provide to us directly, such as when you fill out a form to request access to resources we make available through the Website. This information may include your name, email address, and professional information such as the name of the company that you represent.
We also may collect certain other information automatically when you visit the Website, such as the following information:
- Browser and Device Information: We collect certain information about your device (such as IP address and MAC address), operating system, and Internet browser when you visit the Website. We use this information to ensure that the Website functions properly.
- Cookies, Pixels, Web Beacons, and Other Similar Technologies: Cookies, pixels, and web beacons use pieces of information stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using that allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Website, pages visited, features used, referring URL, and other website traffic data. We may use these technologies for purposes such as determining what features interest our visitors, developing and improving the Website, and as further described below. Some Internet browsers have a “do-not-track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, our Website does not respond to browser “do not track” signals. We may allow third parties to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online products or services.
- IP Address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Website. We may also derive and collect your approximate location from your IP address to understand from what regions of the world visitors to our Website come.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To respond to your inquiries or provide access to resources you request.
- To personalize our users’ experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To operate, evaluate, and improve our Website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better respond to your inquiries or customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails regarding our services.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Website and protect against, identify, and seek to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity.
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, and contractual obligations.
How do we protect your personal information?
We maintain safeguards that are reasonably designed to protect the personal information collected through the Website against unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. Please keep in mind that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our safeguards.
You have certain choices with respect to your personal information. For example, you can:
- Choose to disable cookies through your browser settings. However, not providing the information we request may restrict your ability to use certain features of the Website.
- Request to have your information removed by emailing [email protected].
You also may contact us with any privacy questions or concerns you may have by using the contact information listed below.
Third Party Links
The Website may contain links to third-party websites of interest, such as social media sites. We do not have any control over these external websites and are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide to them.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information
GeneCentric is located in the United States. As a result, your information, including personal information, may be maintained and processed in the United States. The United States and other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you are located. We will however treat your personal information as subject to the protections described in this Policy.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
We may share your information with third parties including:
- Our contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization for the purposes described in this Policy.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To investigate or prevent unlawful activities or misuse of the Website.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- With a buyer or other successor or organization in the event of an actual or potential merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this Policy to reflect changes in our privacy practices at any time and without prior notice to you. When we do so, we will update the Effective Date of the Policy, above. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at: [email protected] or in writing at: GeneCentric Therapeutics PO Box 12838 Research Triangle Park, NC 27709