GeneCentric is seeking a full-time Statistician/Biostatistician to join a growing team in Durham, North Carolina. GeneCentric is a biotech company developing novel cancer taxonomy diagnostics to facilitate more efficient drug development and improved patient care in lung cancer, head and neck cancer, bladder cancer, and more. This position will work independently and carry out research projects under the direction of a senior statistician, performing analyses of clinical trial and genomics data.
The successful applicant will have extensive experience using the R programming language for analyzing large genomics data sets. S/he will be familiar with hypothesis testing and applying standard statistical methods such as linear models and Cox proportional hazards models. Experience using cross-validation methods and experimental power calculations is preferred. The successful applicant will be involved in developing practical procedures necessary for the collection and management of data and in preparing summary reports and scientific publications.
Education and Experience:
- A Master’s degree with over 3 years of experience (or doctorate with 0-2 years of experience) in statistics, biostatistics or mathematics is required.
- Extensive experience using the R programming language and analyzing large “omics” data sets
- Experience applying statistical techniques and models including Cox proportional hazard models, and hypothesis testing
- Experience with novel computational tools for variable reduction and predictive modeling using large complex datasets (Lasso, Elastic Net, etc.)
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation
- Good organizational skills with the ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills for presenting research findings in professional society meetings and peer reviewed publications
Compensation and Benefits:
GeneCentric offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes potential bonus incentives, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, paid time off and floating holidays, and a 401(k) plan.
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.