GeneCentric is seeking an enthusiastic Office Manager to join a growing team in Durham, North Carolina. GeneCentric is a biotech company developing novel cancer taxonomy applications to facilitate more efficient drug development and improved patient care.
The successful candidate will provide support to the GeneCentric team by effectively performing a wide variety of responsible, complex, and confidential administrative duties and maintaining a pleasant office environment that ensures high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
Duties performed require considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact, and mature and independent judgment. The Office Manager must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise sound judgment in various situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Duties and responsibilities:
Managing appointment calendar for CEO
Office Manager duties including:
- Shopping for office requirements
- Schedule meetings and appointments
Liaise with facility management to maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
Organize office operations and procedures
Provide general support to visitors
Plan in-house or off-site activities board meetings, dinners, celebrations, staff meetings, and conferences
Daily, monthly, and annual accounting including:
- Enter and verify bills, invoices, and purchase orders, ensuring compliance with the internal control policies
- Process payments, deposits, and post into the system
- Reconcile bank, customer, and vendor accounts
- Set up and maintain financial records in paper and cloud-based file systems
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Assist in preparation of documentation for annual financial audit
- Other clerical responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree with accounting experience preferred.
- Strong work tenure: three (3) to five (5) years of experience supporting C-Level executives, preferably within a healthcare/biotech/pharmaceutical organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Zoom.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
- Administrative experience: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
How to apply:
Please use the following link. Apply