GeneCentric is identifying a dynamic leader to help us leverage our proprietary technology, IP, and Gene Expression Tests to expand our diagnostic and pharmaceutical partnerships. The Company is at a pivotal growth stage with multiple strategic collaborations (LabCorp, Tempus, & Biopharma) and needs an experienced diagnostic(DX/cDX) oriented head of business development.
The BD new hire will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for spearheading the Company’s global business growth strategy, especially in expanding diagnostic partnering and biopharma alliance programs. Specific responsibilities will include establishing diagnostic partnering strategies, drafting collaboration partnership documents, forging and securing new diagnostic and biopharma partnerships, and other corporate development initiatives to advance the Company’s strategic priorities. In addition, this position will work closely with the CEO and executive team to further the Company’s strategy and corporate objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
- Execute and oversee all Diagnostic Partnering activities.
- Take a lead role in the Company’s annual corporate strategic planning process.
- Develop and implement a Partnering strategy with initial emphasis on diagnostic partnering strategy to leverage the Company’s R&D and genomic product portfolio to become a major player in supporting oncology drug development in all clinical phases and post-market adoption.
- Leverage existing strategic collaborations to enhance diagnostic expansion and commercialization of the Company’s prominence with genomic molecular technology and companion diagnostics.
- Coordinate all relevant business activities, from drafting agreements to working with senior management and outside counsel to negotiate and close deals.
- Establish new diagnostic relationships by leveraging existing networks and working closely with the executive team, consultants, and scientific staff.
- Expand biopharma partnerships that are focused on further development of GeneCentric’s pipeline of gene expression tests.
- Lead and manage the business aspects of collaborative research deals to grow revenue and expand the Company’s intellectual property and product pipeline.
- Source, qualify, and prioritize a pipeline of future potential collaborations and business transactions.
- Oversee proposal development, contract negotiations, term sheets, and final execution of agreements.
- Advanced degree in life science discipline, with MBA, preferred.
- Minimum of (5+) years experience in Corporate and Business Development or relevant pharmaceutical deal-making experience in clinical genomics, molecular Dx, and research organization.
- Deep network in molecular diagnostics and/or clinical oncology diagnostics and closing collaborations with diagnostic companies. Experience with biopharma collaborations and agreements is a significant advantage.
- Successful track record growing diagnostic partnering businesses, negotiating high-complexity deals, and creating partnerships with large and small industry entities.
- Strong intellectual abilities, business acumen, commercial experience, and negotiating skills with a proven track record of business partnering.
- Strong strategist with broad oncology drug development knowledge to create differential partnering plans and identify new opportunities.
- Technical understanding of genomic biomarkers, companion diagnostics, clinical trials process, and clinical data.
- Ability to comprehend and discuss technical and clinical aspects of the company products, including biomarker discovery & selection process, diagnostic test performance, and intended use of analytical/clinical validations and clinical utilities.
- Ability to discuss partnering business with KOLs and high-level potential partner executives.
All corporate and business development staff, partners and contractors.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position to email@example.com.