GeneCentric’s Vice President of Business Development / Chief Business Officer (CBO) will report to the CEO and will be responsible for spearheading the company’s global business growth strategy, especially in expanding biopharma partnering and alliance programs. Specific responsibilities will include establishing pharma partnering strategies, forging and securing pharma partnerships, alliances management, and other corporate development initiatives to advance the company’s strategic priorities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Execute and oversee all Corporate Development activities.
- Take a lead role in the company’s annual corporate strategic planning process.
- Develop and implement a Corporate Development strategy with initial emphasis on biopharma partnering strategy to leverage the Company’s R&D and RNA-based gene expression product portfolio to become a major player in supporting oncology drug development in all clinical phases and post-market adoption.
- Leverage existing strategic collaborations (i.e. Labcorp) to enhance biopharma expansion and GeneCentric’s prominence with RNA-based molecular technology and companion diagnostics.
- Coordinate all relevant activities, from pitching and developing presentations to the completion of each service project which may include making initial presentations, assembling cross-functional team to support deep dive discussions, drafting study plan or SOW, working with senior management and outside counsel to negotiate and close deals.
- Coordinate clinical services with internal and external teams to ensure all studies will be performed at the highest possible quality, on time, on budget with comprehensive data and reports back to customers.
- Establish new pharma relationships through leveraging CBO’s existing network, working closely with GeneCentric BOD, consultants, and management team.
- Lead and manage the business aspects of collaborative research deals to grow revenue and expand the Company’s intellectual property and product pipeline.
- Forge strong relationships with industry leaders, SABs, VCs, and financial entities.
- Assess financial viability and strategic fit of new business opportunities arising in area of responsibility, including describing size and growth of existing markets and opportunities, return on investment.
- Source, qualify and prioritize a pipeline of future potential collaborations, in-licensing and other business transactions.
- Oversee proposal development, contract negotiations, term sheets and final execution of agreements.
- Provide leadership in the development and management of corporate partnership arrangements that enhance GeneCentric’s growth and value without encumbering strategic exit options for the company. Activities may include:
- Recommend and create deal structure for key corporate partnerships and acquisitions, creating partnerships
- Identification of attractive clinical market segments and winning strategies for penetrating those segments with GeneCentric offerings.
- Collaboration with KOL’s and industry leaders to maximize the company’s opportunities globally.
- Collaboration with KOL’s and customers to support GeneCentric’s publication plan.
- Lead key collaborative programs between the Company and partner organizations by building strong relationships at varying levels.
- Ability to represent the Company at conferences and congresses and actively participates in future fund-raising activities.
- Contribute to GeneCentric’s corporate M&A strategy and execution
- Advanced degree in life science discipline, with MBA preferred.
- Minimum of (15+) years’ experience in Corporate and Business Development or relevant pharmaceutical deal making experience in clinical genomics, molecular Dx, pharmaceuticals, and/ or clinical research organization.
- Successful track record growing businesses, negotiating high-complexity deals, and creating partnerships with large and small industry entities.
- Strong intellectual abilities, business acumen, commercial experience and negotiating skills with a proven track record of pharma partnering.
- Strong strategist who has broad oncology drug development knowledge and can use the knowledge to create differential partnering plan and identify new opportunities.
- Technical understanding of laboratory medicine, drug development, clinical trials process, and genomics biomarkers.
- Ability to comprehend and discuss technical and clinical aspects of the company products including biomarker discovery & selection process, analytical/clinical validations and clinical utilities.
- International business experience considered a plus.
All corporate and business development staff, partners and contractors.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position to email@example.com.